A dental extraction is a process of removing a tooth from the mouth. This form of treatment is usually only sought after if all other forms of treatment have been exhausted, and the tooth is damaged beyond repair:
- Severe tooth decay or infection may make it impossible or too costly to repair a tooth
- Advanced gum disease requiring a tooth to be pulled so it doesn’t affect the supporting tissues and bone structures of your mouth
- A tooth blocking other teeth from coming in
- During orthodontic work, teeth may need to be extracted to create room for the teeth that are being moved into place
- Wisdom teeth are often extracted either before or after they come in
Immediately after the tooth extraction, a small amount of bleeding is normal and patch of gauze will be placed in the affected area. The area may bleed minimally for the next 24 hours or so and taper off after that. Follow Dr. Moe's instructions on how often to change the gauze, and what other post-procedure steps to follow.
For more information on tooth extractions or to schedule an appointment, call Premier Dental Studio today at (239) 992-0325 or Click Here.